Don't worry about it too much! In this article, we’ll discuss how to get into the bios on windows 10 on Lenovo laptop. Windows 10 is designed to have a really fast boot time. In fact it’s too fast to interrupt. Most of the decisions happen during the boot, and are over in the first 2-3 seconds itself.
Part 1: How to Get into BIOS Password Lenovo Windows 10
Press and hold the Power Button for 5 seconds to turn your computer completely off.
Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press the F2 key, or the DEL key if you have a desktop, to enter the BIOS.
1. Click the Start Start menu and select Settings.
2. Select Update and Security.
3. Click Recovery.
4. Under Advanced startup, click Restart now. The system will restart and show the Windows 10 boot menu.
5. Select Troubleshoot.
6. Choose Advanced options.
7. Select UEFI Firmware Settings.
8. Click Restart to restart the system and enter UEFI (BIOS).
Part 2: How to Reset Leonvo BIOS Password Windows 10
How to remove or clear a forgotten BIOS password? You can reset all BIOS settings (including the BIOS admin/user password) by changing the jumper settings, or removing the CMOS battery from the motherboard for a few moments and then putting it back in.
But in all new UEFI-based Lenovo notebooks, there is a built-in utility named Lenovo Spare Key, which can help you recover lost system passwords, such as the power-on, drive lock, or BIOS passwords. When setting up the Spare Key, you are prompted to provide answers for a sequence of three predetermined personal identification questions.
If you've set up the Spare Key, you can follow these simple steps to remove Lenovo BIOS password:
1. Turn on the computer and immediately press the ESC key to display the Startup Menu, and then press the F10 to enter BIOS Setup.
2. After typing the incorrect BIOS password three times, you'll be presented with the screen prompting you to press F7 for Lenovo Spare Key Recovery.
3. Press F7 key, the Lenovo Spare Key wizard pops up and prompts you for the answers to the three personal identification questions.
4. If you successfully answer the questions, you are granted access and you can reset the BIOS password.