Monday, September 9, 2013

How to Login Samsung Windows 8 Laptop if I Forgot Password?


How to login Samsung Windows 8 laptop if I forgot password?

The fact is that my father gave me his computer to me but he forgot Windows 8 administrator login password to the laptop. He did set a standard user account for me. I could not do anything without his admin password. I'd like to know how I can remove his administrator account password for more permission on the pc.

Firstly, I did consider taking the pc to a local technician and computer repair shop or restoring it to the factory settings to eliminate all data rights. But, my father did not allow me to do. Then I have tried my father's name, my sister’s name, his favorite shows, books, other things and all kinds of combinations.

Secondly, I have tried to click restart password. But when I pressed it a box comes up with words "No drive, this feature requires removable media, such as a floppy disk or a USB flash drive. Please insert a floppy disk or connect a USB flash drive, and then try again". I didn't have such a removable thing. I do not know what to do then!



Samsung Windows 8 password reset
Samsung Windows 8 Password Reset

Thirdly, I got tips as below steps said to unlock admin password with my Windows 8 installation disk.
Step 1, Restart pc, hold F9 key on until a menu displays. Select "Boot from Internal CD/DVD". Then "Press any button to boot from CD/DVD", press any key to go on.

Step 2, When the loading completes, select the needed language. Then a window with "Install Now" button will display. Click "Repair your PC".

Step 3, Wait to load and remember the drive that your operation system is installed. Press Shift+F10, then a command window will display. Enter commands below :( if the driver is E:)
copy E:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe E:\

also input
copy E:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe E:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe

Confirm "Yes" when there is prompted.

Step 4, Reboot computer, and then in the logon screen press the accessibility button in the bottom left corner. The command windows will appear. Enter the following commands.
net user yourusername yournewpassword

While, I did not have such a installation disk, so I have to do as the forth methods - with pro Windows Password Recovery Tool.

Fourthly, I used Windows Password Recovery Tool with help of tutorial from http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/articles/laptop/reset-samsung-windows-8-password.html . All I need is a USB flash drive and another computer. I download the tool via the accessible computer, burn a password reset disk with this USB flash drive. Then thing is easy! I just need set computer boot from the burned USB flash drive and remove admin account's password that I needed. Finally, I set myself as administrator! Nobody can set permission to me!


After guessing password, reading instruction of Windows 8 password reset with installation disk, I finally unlock my Samsung Windows 8 laptop admin password by paid Windows Password Recovery software. I think it deserves my cost for less my troubles and times on solving this tricky thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment